Monday 3 May 2010

Update from Kate Anderson

I have been working hard to complete one of the projects that can be seen at Studio 14 this Spring Fling. I was commissioned by Sulwath Connections to design and make two panels for the new outdoor classroom at New Abbey Primary School, an Eco-School I have worked with before. Following several 'in school' projects about the Night Sky in partnership with writer Liz Niven and a visiting planetarium from the Royal Observatory in Edinburgh, I got going on the panel. One is based on lunar activities and one on nebulae and they combine mosaic with extracts of poetry by the children. www.sulwathconnections.org

I will be showing the processes I use in several commissions including a piece to be made for an exhibition at Lichfield Cathedral next year to celebrate the 400th year of the King James Bible.
I wish everybody a wonderful Spring Fling!

You can find Kate at studio number 14 in the South region in this years Spring Fling.

No comments:

Post a Comment