Thursday 20 May 2010

Update from Christine Smith

Are you 'ready for Spring Fling'? seems to be the most commonly asked question these days. How to answer when a little scream is going on inside. No-oh, but the question is beginning to focus my mind.
Last weekend I made a start on the major Spring Fling - Spring Clean with a good clear out of the shed to make it look less like a rubbish dump and more like a well organised store for useful bits and pieces. What looks like a back yard needs to be transformed into a self respecting courtyard displaying finished pots.

Meanwhile I still have enough work piling up for several kilns. Whether I will actually get the new bigger pieces finished or not is a matter of looking at the calendar and wondering how it happened that time started speeding up. From past experience it is also good to have a variety of work underway and at different stages, so that there is some interesting work in progress to talk about. I have to fit this in somewhere but I am not at all sure when. This all makes for a tricky Spring Fling count down, and it may just be that what will be will be and no, I will never be ready for Spring Fling, but I'm trying.

You can visit Christine Smith at studio number 33 in the south region of this years Spring Fling.

No comments:

Post a Comment