Wednesday 19 May 2010

Update from Helen Hastings

Hi everyone!
I’m one of the ‘homecomer’ artists – I was the Gracefield potter more years ago than I care to recall - and I am thrilled to be sharing studio space with Bella Green at Eskdalemuir. Nowadays I live in the Scottish Borders and I make felted ‘neckscapes’ For Spring Fling I’ve been working on a new ruckled style of neckscape that that I will be calling the ‘Iapetus’ range after the ocean that disappeared some 400 million years ago when Scotland and England came together in a tectonic crunch and created the Southern Uplands.

Jobs that I have to do this week are to make, make, make and then make some more. Next week I will organize labels and display, take photographs of the best work and distribute the last of the leaflets. Final week I will be helping Bella prepare the studio. I hope you all have a great Spring Fling – artists and visitors – and I am only sorry I will not be able to visit everyone else’s studio.
You can find Helen Hastings at Studio 66 in the east region of this years Spring Fling and read more about her and her host for Spring Fling, Bella Green in Dumfries and Galloway Life's April issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment