Thursday 4 June 2009

From Studio 22 on the blue route

Post Spring fling report from Kathleen Woods, painter at Studio 22 on the Blue route....


I had the best Spring Fling ever.

Approx 350 visitors came up Shinnel Glen over the three days and it was lovely being able to discuss the work with them. They were all lovely people and knowing that they were there especially to see the Open Studios was a great thrill. Happily the sun shone on Sunday and Monday so the garden was well used too. My daughter Diane helped make the teas and coffees and didn’t stop baking for two days so that was also a huge success.

I had been working hard with a big help from a friend to get the garden more than tidied up for the weekend and put the finishing touches to it on the Friday. I absolutely love it and after being here for four years it now feels like home.

All in all it really gave me the incentive to keep doing what I love. Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment